|The MOD HUB Series of modular active hubs provides the most flexibility for cabling ARCNET networks in a star topology. The MOD HUB Series can also link bus topologies by connecting the hub to one end of each bus segment.
These 4- and 16-slot hubs offer worry-free operation using low-power, low-heat CMOS components; high-efficiency LED lights; a special cooling system inherent in the design; and network diagnostic capability using LED indicators.
LEDs monitor proper hub timing and power supply status. An additional LED identifies when network reconfigurations occur.
Different enclosure styles are available. Using the rack-mounting kit, either one 12-slot or two 4-slot enclosures can be mounted within a standard 19" (48.3 cm) rack requiring 7" (7.8 cm) of vertical rack space. Alternately, the MODHUB-16F flanged unit allows wall mounting. A chief advantage is the built-in flexibility so you need to order only the amount and type of connection for your application. Several expansion modules exist in the EXP Series Ś each supporting two, three or four ports. In just one hub, you can mix and match coaxial cable, twisted-pair wire and glass fiber optic cable.
Several combination expansion modules can easily mix two cabling types on one module. Expansion modules can reside in either a 16-port enclosure (four slots) or a 48-port enclosure (twelve slots). Ports can be easily added in the field with removable EXP expansion modules.
A universal power supply accommodates world-wide voltages and frequencies. An IEC connector allows for the use of country-specific power cords
- Compatible with the baseband 2.5 Mbps ARCNET network
- Supports up to 48 ports in four-port increments
- Two sizes of enclosures: 4-slot and 12-slot
- Offers easy expansion with EXP Series plug-in modules
- Mixes coaxial, twisted-pair and glass fiber optic cable in one hub
- LED indicator identifies reconfiguration of the network
- Minimizes hub jitter using precision delay line timing
- Provision for rack mounting
- Watch-dog timer prevents hub lockup
- Hub unlatch delay digitally controlled
- Universal-voltage power supply
- Suitable with all Contemporary Controls' network interface modules (NIMs) when operating at 2.5 Mbps
- UL 950 Listed